This blog will describe users about the “How to Convert OST to PST manually” topic? Sometimes users face trouble to convert OST to PST or they cannot find a simple way to convert OST file to PST online. In this article, we will talk about two ways to export OST files to PST. The first one is the process of converting OST to PST manually and the second one is professional method.
Some of the factors that justify the need to convert OST to PST are that sometimes users face deadlock when it comes to OST files. Because they cannot access their mailbox information in case of unavailability of Exchange Server and Exchange may face downtime, crashes, or other technical issues at any time. As such, users need to devise a strategy to overcome this problem and gain access to their valuable mailbox data.
Why do users feel the need to convert OST to PST manually? Well, there can be many reasons to convert OST file to PST format. And now that we know the need for OST to PST conversion, let us see how to convert OST to PST.
Steps to Convert OST to PST Manually
Method 1. Import/Export Wizard
- Open Microsoft Outlook and go to the “File menu” in the upper left corner of Outlook.
- Choose “Open and Export” and click on the “Import and Export” option.
- A new popup window will open “Choose an action to perform“.
- Select “Export File” and then click “Next” to continue.
- After that, select “Outlook Data File (. pst)” and click “Next” to continue.
- Select the folder you want to export and click “Next“.
- To save the PST file browse the location and select the option about duplicate items.
Method 2. Archiving Files for the conversion
- Open the configured Outlook application and go to the “File menu” and click “Options“.
- Navigate to “Advanced” and click the “Auto Archive Settings” button.
- Select the number of days for which you want to auto archive.
- Select the location you want, also provide an archiving option and click OK at the end.
- Users with basic or no technical proficiency may not be able to convert OLM to PST file successfully.
- If you have a large number of data, there may be a problem with the manual process.
- Will not maintain the structure of migrated data.
- It is a very time-consuming procedure.
- They involve the risk of data loss.
These are some of the problems that can occur when performing OST to PST Manually. User can avoid all this busy dilemma by considering a Third-Party or professional tool.
Advik OST to PST Converter is an efficient tool that has the ability to convert every item from Outlook OST file to PST. The main advantage of this tool is that it can convert offline OST file to PST without exchange. Therefore, no Outlook server connectivity is required. This wizard is powerful enough to recover data from damaged Outlook OST file and export them into healthy PST file formats. Also, user can run this software in 32 Bit as well as 64 Bit systems freely.
Steps to Convert OST to PST Using a Third-Party Software
Step 1. Run Advik OST to PST Converter in your system.
Step 2. Click “Select Files” & add Outlook OST into software panel.
Step 3. Select mailbox folders to convert and click “Next”.
Step 4. Choose PST as saving option from the list.
Step 5. Click Convert button and analyse the process.
Finished! Within no time, the software will convert OST to PST without any error. After successful OST to PST conversion, you can now import PST file into Outlook 2019 directly.
The users can manually convert OST to PST when using Outlook with the original Exchange account. Furthermore, the manual methods provided take longer to convert OST to PST and therefore will not correspond to the need for a larger conversion. But, as per my knowledge, third-party software is more effective at converting OST to PST, due to faster execution, wider functionality, error-free conversion rates and a more intuitive overall experience.
Also Read: Best OST to PST Converter